Monday, February 5, 2007

Minas Tirith Project

I've been a Tolkien enthusiast since the past 6-7 years. My love for making Miniatures started out because of The Lord of the Rings movies. My first scale model was that of Helm's Deep. When finished it turned out to be around 5 feet wide and 3 feet tall.


After I saw Minas Tirith in The Return of the King, I knew I had to make it. I started out with making the Main Gates, and I thought I'd go up from there on. But as the inner buildings progressed and as I started to research more into the details, I realized that the scale I was using was making the model to turn way to big to fit into any room. It was coming taller than 8 feet. After a few calculations to make it smaller, I came down to 7 feet tall by 14 feet. At that point I realized that it was no 2 month job! So I gave up...


But I now want to do it. I want to build Minas Tirith! I won't be taller than 7 feet. But then, if I am to make to make it smaller then the amount of detailing you can put into it reduces. And I believe that the beauty of the model lies in its details.


I invite any of you. 3D CG modellers, Miniature artists, LotR enthusiasts to join me in making this model. I will obviously be investing my own money into this, so money ain't the factor. I need a team!


Maximum 3-4 hours should be good enough. Anybody intereted, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.





Put up a comment in this blog entry also if you may...


I know its a very big Idea, but I know its possible! Critics are welcome to put this concept to dump but I ain't gonna budge.


Check out this forum link to get an idea of the project, and an attached image:



The whole thing:

No comments: